Office phone: (402) 472 8762
My webpage: www.unl.edu/ncmn-cfem/xzli
Current Research Interests
* TEM study on magnetic thin films
* Computer programs for electron diffraction and crystallography
* HREM and electron diffraction study of crystal structures
* Best poster prize for physics/material sciences(1998), Scandem98 conference, Espoo/Helsinki, Finland.
* Research fellowship (1994-1995), Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Foundation.
* Youth scientist award (1993), Chinese Academy of Sciences.
X.Z. LI, "Computer Programs for Unit-cell Determination in Electron Diffraction Experiments," Ultramicroscopy, in press (2004).
X.Z. LI, V. Hansen, J. Gjonnes and L.R. Wallenberg "HREM Study and structure modeling of the eta-prim phase, the hardening precipitates in commercial Al-Zn-Mg alloys," Acta Mater., 47, 2651-2659 (1999).
X. Z. Li, K. Hiraga and K. Yubuta, "Structure of Al-Rh-Cu Decagonal Quasicrystal: I. A unit-cell approach," Physica. B, 240, 330-337 (1997).
A high-resolution structure image of the Al-Rh-Cu decagonal quasicrystal
For details about the image, please refers paper "Structure of the Al-Rh-Cu Decagonal Quasicrystal Studied by High-Resolution Electron Microscopy" in Phil. Mag. Lett., 74, 247-252(1996);
X. Z. Li, J. M. Dubois and K. H. Kuo, "Two-colour Penrose Tiling," Phil. Mag. Lett., 69, 93-98 (1994).
X. Z. Li, D. Shi and K. H. Kuo, "Structure of Al3Mn, an Orthorhombic Approximant of the Decagonal Quasicrystal," Phil. Mag., B66, 331-340 (1992).
works now at:
Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
studied and worked before at:
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University.
- Center for Materials Science, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Japan.
- Institut für Kristallographie, Universtität München, Germany.
- Laboratoire de Science et Genie des Materiaux Metalliques (LSG2M), Ecole des Mines de Nancy, France.
- Beijing Laboratory of Electron Microscopy (BLEM), CAS, P.R. China.
- Beijing University of Iron and Steel Technology (BUIST), P.R. China.
- (renamed as) University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB), P.R. China.