Used for coating specimens with a variety of materials depending on the user's need. Normally used to coat non-conducting SEM specimens with a conductive metal to minimize charging problems usually encountered with such specimens.
- Normally configured for coating with gold but can use a variety of materials including Cr, Cu, Co, Pt
- Normally uses Argon gas but can use other, more reactive gases
- Specimen size of up to 4" diameter and height
- Completely automated, one button, operation
- Vacuum system capable of 10-3 Torr