Core Drill and Polisher
VCR Group Core Drill (right)
Used to produce TEM specimens by removing a disk or "core" from a variety of bulk materials (metals, ceramics, inter-metallics, etc...).
- Variable speed control: 200-20,000 RPM
- Precision depth control to 0.001"
- Precision x-y table capable of positioning to within 0.01 mm with optional magnetic mount
- Capable of small hole drilling or milling: 0.004" to 1/8" diameter
- Assorted core drill bits
- 2.3 mm, 3.0 mm, 3.5 diameter cores
- Diamond coated, high strength steel and aluminum
MINIMET Polisher/Grinder (left)
Used to polish or grind specimens until flat or until the desired interior structures are exposed.
- Variable load control
- Automatic load reduction with time control
- Variable speed control
- Automatic timer termination of polishing
- Uses glass platens to insure flat, even polishing of each specimen. Platens are kept separated according to polishing media used to minimize contamination.
- Assorted polishing media