Yusong Li, Associate Professor
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-6105
My research interests include investigation of the complex physical, chemical and biological processes that govern flow and transport of contaminants in the environment systems across multiple scales. Particularly, I focused on investigating fate and transport of engineered nanomaterial, and modeling multiphase and compositional flow in porous media, at both pore- and continuum scales. Current research topics include:
- Numerical simulation of fate and transportation of engineered nanomaterials in porous media
- Numerical simulation to investigate the influence of nanoscale chemistry on abiotic attenuation of chlorinated in the vapor intrusion pathway
- Microfluidic investigation of nanomaterial transport in porous media
- Application of engineered nanomaterials for environmental remediation
- Coy P. McNew, Negin Kananizadeh, Yusong Li, Eugene J. LeBoeuf (2017). The attachment of colloidal particles to environmentally relevant surfaces and the effect of particle shape. Chemosphere, February 2017.
- A. Gogoi, G. Chaminda, A. An, D. Snow, Yusong Li, Manish Kumar (2016). Influence of ligands on metal speciation, transport and toxicity in a tropical river during wet (monsoon) period. Chemosphere, 163: 322-333.
- D. Peev, T. Hofmann, N. Kanaizadeh, S. Wimer, K. Rodenhausen, C. Herzinger, T. Kasputis, E. Pfaunmiller, A. Nguyen, R. Korlacki, A. Pannier, Yusong Li, E. Schubert, D. Hage, M. Schubert (2016). Anisotropic Contrast Optical Microscope. Review of Scientific Instruments, October 2016.
- S. Akbariyeh, B. M. Patterson, Manish Kumar, Yusong Li (2016). Quantification of vapor intrusion pathways: An integration of modeling and site characterization. Vadose Zone Journal, October 2016.
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li, Y.; Gilrein, E. (2016). The influence of ionic strength and organic compounds on nanoparticle TiO2 (n-TiO2) aggregation. Chemosphere, July 2016.
- Li, Y. and Daher, T. (2016). Integrating Innovative Classroom Activities with Flipped Teaching in a Water Resources Engineering Class. Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice – ASCE, July 2016.
- Kananizadeh, N.; Rice, C.; Lee, J.; Rodenhausen, K. B.; Sekora, D.; Schubert, M.; Schubert, E.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li, Y. (2016). Combined Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation (QCM-D) and Generalized Ellipsometry (GE) to Characterize the Deposition of Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles on Model Rough Surfaces. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2016 March 19, pii: S0304-3894(16)30270-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2016.03.
- Zhang, L.; Truex, M. J.; Kananizadeh, N.; Li, Y.; Lea, A. S.; Yan, X. (2015). Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 175-176:17-25, doi: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li, Y. (2015). Effect of 17β-estradiol on Stability and Mobility of TiO2 Rutile Nanoparticles. Science of the Total Environment, 511: 195-202.
- Kananizadeh, N.; Chokejaroenrat, C.; Li, Y.; Comfort, S. (2015). Modeling improved ISCO treatment of low permeable zones via viscosity modification: Assessment of system variables. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 173: 25-37.
- Son, J.; Vavra, J.; Li, Y.; Seymour, M.; Forbes, V. (2014). Interactions between suspension characteristics and physicochemical properties of silver and copper oxide nanoparticles: a case study for optimizing nanoparticle stock suspensions using a central composite design. Chemosphere, 124:136-142.
- Bai, C. and Li, Y. (2014). Time series analysis of contaminant transport in the subsurface: application to conservative tracer and engineered nanomaterials. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 164: 153-162.
- May, R. and Li, Y. (2013). The effects of particle size on the deposition of fluorescent nanoparticles in porous media: Direct observation using laser scanning cytometry. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 418, pg. 84-91.
- May, R., Akbariyeh, S., and Li, Y. (2012). Pore-Scale Investigation of Nanoparticle Transport in Saturated Porous Media Using Laser Scanning Cytometry. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es301749s.
- Wang, Y., Li, Y., Costanza, J., Abriola, L., Pennell, K. (2012). Enhanced Mobility of Fullerene (C60) Nanoparticles in the Presence of Stabilizing Agents. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es302541g
- Bai, C. and Y. Li, (2012). Modeling the transport and retention of nC60 nanoparticles in the subsurface under different release scenarios. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 136-137: p. 43-55.
- Seymour, M. B.; Su, C.; Gao, Y.; Lu, Y.; Li, Y. (2012). Characterization of Carbon Nano-Onions for Heavy Metal Ion Remediation. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, DOI:10.1007/s11051-012-1087-y.
- Wang, Y., Li, Y., Abriola, L.M., K.D. Pennell. (2010). Transport and Retention of Fullerene Nanoparticles (nC60) in Natural Soils. Journal of Environmental Quality, 39:1925–1933, doi:10.2134/jeq2009.0411.
- Li, Y., and LeBoeuf, E.J. (2009) Investigation of Transport- and Sorption-Related Factors on the Removal of Hydrophobic Organic Compounds in Heterogeneous Soils Using a Hierarchical Modeling Approach. Transport in Porous Media. DOI 10.1007/s11242-009-9504-0.
- Li, Y.; Wang, Y.; Pennell, K. D; Abriola, L. M. (2008). Investigation of the Transport and Deposition of Fullerene (C60) Nanoparticles in Quartz Sands under Varying Flow Conditions. Environmental Science & Technology 42(19), 7174-7180.
- Wang, Y., Y. Li, and K.D. Pennell. (2008). Influence of Electrolyte Species and Concentration on the Aggregation and Transport of Fullerene Nanoparticles in Quartz Sands. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 27(9), 1860-1867.
- Wang, Y., Y. Li, L.M. Abriola, and K.D. Pennell. (2008). Transport and Retention of C60 Fullerene in Water-Saturated Soils. Environmental Science & Technology, 42(10), 3588-3594.
- Li, Y., Pennell, K.D., Phelan, T.J., Ramsburg, C.A., and Abriola, L.M. (2007). Validation of the Total Trapping Number Concept via Low Interfacial Tension DNAPL Mobilization, Environmental Science & Technology, 41(23), 8135-8141.