Yusong Li, Associate Professor
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-6105
My research interests include investigation of the complex physical, chemical and biological processes that govern flow and transport of contaminants in the environment systems across multiple scales. Particularly, I focused on investigating fate and transport of engineered nanomaterial, and modeling multiphase and compositional flow in porous media, at both pore- and continuum scales. Current research topics include:
- Numerical simulation of fate and transportation of engineered nanomaterials in porous media
- Numerical simulation to investigate the influence of nanoscale chemistry on abiotic attenuation of chlorinated in the vapor intrusion pathway
- Microfluidic investigation of nanomaterial transport in porous media
- Application of engineered nanomaterials for environmental remediation
- May, R. and Li, Y. 2013. The effects of particle size on the deposition of fluorescent nanoparticles in porous media: Direct observation using laser scanning cytometry. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 418, pg. 84-91
- May, R., Akbariyeh, S., and Li, Y. 2012. Pore-Scale Investigation of Nanoparticle Transport in Saturated Porous Media Using Laser Scanning Cytometry. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es301749s.
- Wang, Y., Li, Y., Costanza, J., Abriola, L., Pennell, K. 2012. Enhanced Mobility of Fullerene (C60) Nanoparticles in the Presence of Stabilizing Agents. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es302541g
- Bai, C. and Y. Li, 2012. Modeling the transport and retention of nC60 nanoparticles in the subsurface under different release scenarios. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 136-137: p. 43-55.
- Seymour, M. B.; Su, C.; Gao, Y.; Lu, Y.; Li, Y., 2012. Characterization of Carbon Nano-Onions for Heavy Metal Ion Remediation. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, DOI:10.1007/s11051-012-1087-y.
- Wang, Y., Li, Y., Abriola, L.M., K.D. Pennell. (2010) Transport and Retention of Fullerene Nanoparticles (nC60) in Natural Soils. Journal of Environmental Quality, 39:1925–1933, doi:10.2134/jeq2009.0411.
- Li, Y., and LeBoeuf, E.J. (2009) Investigation of Transport- and Sorption-Related Factors on the Removal of Hydrophobic Organic Compounds in Heterogeneous Soils Using a Hierarchical Modeling Approach. Transport in Porous Media. DOI 10.1007/s11242-009-9504-0.
- Li, Y.; Wang, Y.; Pennell, K. D; Abriola, L. M. (2008) Investigation of the Transport and Deposition of Fullerene (C60) Nanoparticles in Quartz Sands under Varying Flow Conditions. Environmental Science & Technology 42(19), 7174-7180.
- Wang, Y., Y. Li, and K.D. Pennell. Influence of Electrolyte Species and Concentration on the Aggregation and Transport of Fullerene Nanoparticles in Quartz Sands. (2008) Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 27(9), 1860-1867.
- Wang, Y., Y. Li, L.M. Abriola, and K.D. Pennell. (2008) Transport and Retention of C60 Fullerene in Water-Saturated Soils. Environmental Science & Technology, 42(10), 3588-3594.
- Li, Y., Pennell, K.D., Phelan, T.J., Ramsburg, C.A., and Abriola, L.M. (2007) Validation of the Total Trapping Number Concept via Low Interfacial Tension DNAPL Mobilization, Environmental Science & Technology, 41(23), 8135-8141.