Zhaoyan Zhang, Associate Professor
Mechanical & Materials Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
350W Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0526
Dr. Zhaoyan Zhang obtained his Ph.D. degree from The Pennsylvania State University in 2000. Upon graduation, Dr. Zhang spent 2 years at the Michigan Technological University as a Senior Research Engineer. He also briefly held a position at the Detroit Diesel Corporation. His research interests cover areas ranging from the laser material processing to diesel emissions control and solid-shock wave interaction. Currently, Dr. Zhang is working on projects related to the thermal choke of the evaporation wave during laser ablation, the pulsed laser deposition of ferroelectric thin films and a blast wave absorbing structure.
- Mitra, A (Mitra, Anish); Han, JG (Han, Jigang); Zhang, ZYJ (Zhang, Zhanyuan J.); Mitra, A (Mitra, Amitava), The intergenic region of Arabidopsis thaliana cab1 and cab2 divergent genes functions as a bidirectional promoter, PLANTA, 229 (5): 1015-1022 Apr 2009.
- Zhang, ZW (Zhang, Zhiwang); Shi, Y (Shi, Yong); Gao, GX (Gao, Guangxia), A rough set-based multiple criteria linear programming approach for the medical diagnosis and prognosis, EXPERT SYSTEMS WITH APPLICATIONS, 36 (5): 8932-8937 Jul 2009.
- Mathieu, M (Mathieu, Melanie); Winters, E (Winters, Elizabeth K.); Kong, FM (Kong, Fanming); Wan, JR (Wan, Jinrong); Wang, SX (Wang, Shaoxing); Eckert, H (Eckert, Helene); Luth, D (Luth, Diane); Paz, M (Paz, Margie); Donovan, C (Donovan, Christopher); Zhang, ZY (Zhang, Zhanyuan); Somers, D (Somers, David); Wang, K (Wang, Kan); Nguyen, H (Nguyen, Henry); Shoemaker, R (Shoemaker, Randy C.); Stacey, G (Stacey, Gary); Clemente, T (Clemente, Tom), Establishment of a soybean (Glycine max Merr. L) transposon-based mutagenesis repository, PLANTA, 229 (2): 279-289 Jan 2009.
- Silva, C (Silva, Celso); Wood, JR (Wood, Jennifer R.); Salvador, L (Salvador, Lisa); Zhang, ZB (Zhang, Zhibing); Kostetskii, I (Kostetskii, Igor); Williams, CJ (Williams, Carmen J.); Strauss, JF (Strauss, Jerome F., III), Expression Profile of Male Germ Cell-Associated Genes in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Cultures Treated With All-Trans Retinoic Acid and Testosterone, MOLECULAR REPRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT, 76 (1): 11-21 Jan 2009.
- Park, A (Park, Amanda); Nitzke, S (Nitzke, Susan); Kritsch, K (Kritsch, Karen); Kattelmann, K (Kattelmann, Kendra); White, A (White, Adrienne); Boeckner, L (Boeckner, Linda); Lohse, B (Lohse, Barbara); Hoerr, S (Hoerr, Sharon); Greene, G (Greene, Geoffrey); Zhang, ZM (Zhang, Zhumin), Internet-based interventions have potential to affect short-term mediators and indicators of dietary behavior of young adults, JOURNAL OF NUTRITION EDUCATION AND BEHAVIOR, 40 (5): 288-297 Sep-Oct 2008.
- Chambers, DK (Chambers, D. K.); Zhang, Z (Zhang, Z.); Khatkhatay, F (Khatkhatay, F.); Karanam, S (Karanam, S.); Kizilkaya, O (Kizilkaya, O.); Losovyj, YB (Losovyj, Y. B.); Selmic, SZ (Selmic, S. Zivanovic), Doping poly[2-methoxy-5(2-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylenevinylene] with PbSe nanoparticles or fullerenes, JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, 20 (38): Art. No. 382202 Sep 24, 2008.
- Guo, Z. and Zhang, Z., "A One-Dimensional Numerical Model for Diesel Particulate Trap Performance Study During Loading and Regeneration," Intern. J. Engine Research 6, 247-262 (2005).
- Zhang, Z. and Gogos, G., "Effects of Laser Intensity and Ambient Conditions on the Laser Induced Plume," Appl. Surf. Sci. 252, 1057-1064 (2005).
- Zhang, Z. and Gogos G., "Theory of Shock Wave Propagation during Laser Ablation", Phys. Rev. B 69, 235403 (2004).
- Zhang, Z., Han, Z. and Dulikravich, G. S., “Numerical Simulation of Laser Induced Plasma during Pulsed Laser Deposition”, J. Appl. Phys. 90 (12), 5889-5897 (2001).