Yunshen Zhou, Research Assistant Professor
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
209N Scott Engineering Center
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0511
Dr. Zhou’s current research is focused on the controlled growth, integration and application of carbon nanostructures, including carbon nanotubes (CNTs), carbon nanoonions (CNOs), carbon nanobuds (CNBs), and graphene. Since 2005, Dr. Zhou and his colleagues have achieved following accomplishments, 1) Self-aligned growth of CNTs using laser-assisted chemical vapor deposition (LCVD); 2) Optically controlled growth and integration of CNTs; 3) Growth of diameter variable CNTs; 4) Synthesis of carbon nanoknots; and 5) Growth of CNBs through laser-induced nanofusion.
- Plasmonic-enhanced carbon nanotube infrared bolometers, Source: NANOTECHNOLOGY Volume: 24 Issue: 3 Article Number: 035502 DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/24/3/035502 Published: JAN 25 2013.
- Strong photoluminescence from diameter-modulated single-walled carbon nanotubes, Source: APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS Volume: 101 Issue: 4 Article Number: 043123 DOI: 10.1063/1.4739522 Published: JUL 23 2012.
- Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy using gold-coated horizontally aligned carbon nanotubes, Source: NANOTECHNOLOGY Volume: 23 Issue: 20 Article Number: 205702 DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/23/20/205702 Published: MAY 25 2012.
- Synthesis of nitrogen-doped diamond films using vibrational excitation of ammonia molecules in laser-assisted combustion flames, Source: JOURNAL OF LASER APPLICATIONS Volume: 24 Issue: 2 Article Number: 022001 DOI: 10.2351/1.3685299 Published: MAY 2012.
- Morphological transition of ZnO nanostructures influenced by magnesium doping, Source: APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE Volume: 258 Issue: 7 Pages: 2297-2300 DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2011.09.134 Published: JAN 15 2012.
- Single-Step Formation of Graphene on Dielectric Surfaces, Source: ADVANCED MATERIALS Volume: 25 Issue: 4 Pages: 630-634 DOI: 10.1002/adma.201202840 Published: JAN 25 2013.
- Chemical activation of carbon nano-onions for high-rate supercapacitor electrodes, Source: CARBON Volume: 51 Pages: 52-58 DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2012.08.009 Published: JAN 2013.
- Laser-assisted nanofabrication of carbon nanostructures, Source: JOURNAL OF LASER APPLICATIONS Volume: 24 Issue: 4 Article Number: 042007 DOI: 10.2351/1.4716046 Published: SEP 2012.
- Production of few-layer graphene through liquid-phase pulsed laser exfoliation of highly ordered pyrolytic graphite, Source: APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE Volume: 258 Issue: 22 Pages: 9092-9095 DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2012.06.006 Published: SEP 1 2012.
- W. Xiong, Y.S. Zhou, X.N. He, J.B. Park, Y. Gao, M. Mahjouri-Samani, L.S. Fan, L. Jiang, T. Baldacchini, and Y.F. Lu, “Simultaneous additive and subtractive three-dimensional micro/nano-fabrication using integrated two-photon polymerization and multi-photon ablation”, Light: Sci. & Appl. (Nature Group), published online (2012).
- Y.S. Zhou, W. Xiong, J.B. Park, M. Qian, M. Mahjouri-Samani, Y. Gao, L. Jiang, and Y.F. Lu, “Laser-assisted nanofabrication of carbon nanostructures”, J. Laser Appl. 24, 042007 (2012).
- M. Mahjouri-Samani, Y. S. Zhou, W. Xiong, Z. Q. Xie, L. Jiang, and Y. F. Lu, “Strong Photoluminescence from Diameter-Modulated Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 043123 (2012).
- Y. Gao, Y.S. Zhou, M. Qian, X.N. He, J. Redepenning, P. Goodman, H.M. Li, L. Jiang, and Y.F. Lu, “Chemical activation of carbon nano-onions for high-rate supercapacitor electrodes”, Carbon, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2012.08.009 (2012).
- T. Premkumar, Y. S. Zhou, G. Yang, K. Baskar, L. Jiang and Y.F. Lu, “Morphological transition of ZnO nanostructures influenced by magnesium doping”, Appl. Surf. Sci., 258, 2297-2300 (2012).
- L.B. Guo, W. Hu, B.Y. Zhang, X.N. He, C.M. Li, Y.S. Zhou, Z.X. Cai, X.Y. Zeng, and Y.F. Lu, “Optimally enhanced optical emission in laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy by combining spatial confinement and dual-pulse irradiation”, Opt. Exp., 20(2), 1436-1443 (2012).
- L. S. Fan, Z. Q. Xie, J. B. Park, X. N. He, Y. S. Zhou, L. Jiang, Y. F. Lu, “Synthesis of nitrogen-doped diamond films using vibrational excitation of ammonia molecules in laser-assisted combustion flames”, J. Laser Appl., 24, 022001 (2012).
- Xiong, W., Zhou, Y. S., Jiang, L. J., Sarkar, A., Mahjouri-Samani, M., Xie, Z. Q., Gao, Y., Ianno, N. J., Jiang, L. and Lu, Y. F. Single-Step Formation of Graphene on Dielectric Surfaces. Adv. Mater. (2012).
- X N He, Y Gao, M Mahjouri-Samani, P N Black, J Allen, M Mitchell, W Xiong, Y S Zhou, L Jiang, and Y F Lu, “Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Using Gold-Coated Horizontally Aligned Carbon Nanotubes”, Nanotechnol. 23, 205702 (2012).