Jinsong Huang, Susan J. Rosowski Professor
Susan J. Rosowski Professor
Mechanical & Materials Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
W308 Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0526
We are an organic electronics and nanoelectronics group whose overarching research goals include:
(i) combining material engineering with interface engineering to boost the performance of organic electronics devices
(ii) designing new device architecture and fabrication process to realize low cost and high performance devices and
(ii) synthesis high quality nanoparticles and integrate the nanoparticles into organic electronic devices for solid state lighting, energy conversion, energy storage, and low-cost sensor application.
Please visit our website for more details.
- Fullerene Photodetectors with Linear Dynamic-Range of 90 dB Enabled by a Cross-Linkable Buffer Layer Fawen Guo , Zhengguo Xiao, and Jinsong Huang* , Advanced Optical Materials, Accepted (2013).
- Room temperature organic ferromagnetism in the crystalline poly(3-hexylthiophene): phenyl-C61-butyric acid methyl ester blend film Bin Yang, Zhengguo Xiao, Yongbo Yuan, Tanjore V. Jayaraman, Jeffrey E. Shield, Ralph Skomski, and Jinsong Huang* , Polymer, 54, 490-494 (2013).
- Fluorine substituted thiophene-quinoxaline copolymer to reduce HOMO level and increase dielectric constant for high open circuit voltage organic solar cell Y. Lu, Z. Xiao, Y. Yuan, H. Wu, Z. An, Y. Hou, C. Gao and J. Huang* , Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 1, 630-637 (2013).
- Solution processed fullerene based organic Schottky-junction devices for large open circuit voltage organic solar cells Bin Yang, Fawen Guo, Yongbo Yuan, Zhengguo Xiao, Yunzhang Lu, Qingfeng Dong, and Jinsong Huang*, Advanced Materials, 25, 572-577 (2013) (Highlighted as Frontispiece and Most Accessed in 11/2012).
- A nanocomposite ultraviolet photodetector enabled by interfacial trap-controlled charge injection Fawen Guo, Bin Yang, Yongbo Yuan, Zhengguo Xiao, Qingfeng Dong, Yu Bi, and Jinsong Huang*, Nature Nanotechnology, 7, 798-802, (2012).
- Understanding the effect of ferroelectric polarization on power conversion efficiency of organic photovoltaic devices Yongbo Yuan, Pankaj Sharma, Zhengguo Xiao, Shashi Poddar, Alexei Gruverman, Stephen Ducharme and Jinsong Huang*, Energy and Environmental Science 5, 8558 (2012) (Cover Page and Hot Article).
- Utilizing insulating nanoparticles as spacer in the laminated flexible polymer solar cells for improved mechanical stability Yunzhang Lu, Clement Alexander, Zhengguo Xiao, Yongbo Yuan, Runyu Zhang and Jinsong Huang*, Nanotechnology 23, 344007 (2012).
- High-sensitivity, high-frequency extrinsic Fabry-Perot interferometric fiber-tip sensor based a thin silver diaphragm Fawen Guo, Thomas Fink, Ming Han*, Lucas Koester, Joseph Turner, and Jinsong Huang, Optics Letters, 37,1505 (2012).
- Tuning the Energy Level Offset between Donor and Acceptor with Ferroelectric Dipole Layers for Increased Efficiency in Bilayer Organic Photovoltaic Cells Bin Yang, Yongbo Yuan, Pankaj Sharma, Shashi Poddar, Rafal Korlacki, Stephen Ducharme, Alexei Gruverman, Ravi Saraf, Jinsong Huang,* Advanced Materials, 24,1455 (2012).
- Air Stable, Photosensitive, Phase Pure Iron Pyrite Nanocrystal Thin Films for Photovoltaic Application Y. Bi, Y. Yuan, C. L. Exstrom, S. A. Darveau, and J. Huang*, Nano Lett.. 11, 4953 (2011).
- Increased efficiency of low band gap polymer solar cells at elevated temperature and its origins B. Yang, J. Cox, Y. Yuan, F. Guo, and J. Huang*, Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 133302 (2011).
- Efficiency enhancement in organic solar cells with ferroelectric polymers Y. Yuan, T. J. Reece, P. Sharma, S. Poddar, S. Ducharme, A. Gruverman, Y. Yang and J. Huang*, Nature Materials, 10, 296 (2011).
- Transparent Solar Cells Based on Organic Polymers J. Huang , G. Li, and Y. Yang, in Transparent Electronics: From Synthesis to Applications (eds A. Facchetti and TJ Marks), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester (2010).
- Nanostructured Organic Light-Emitting Devices J. Li, J. Huang, and Y. Yang, Nanotechnology for the Energy Challenge,Wiley‐VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, , 403-434 (2010)