Located in VKNRC N122,the ATC-2000F sputtering system purchased from AJA International is a high performance and versatile system. The system contains 4 magnetron sputtering guns (2 DC and 2 RF) which allow in-situ tilting of their heads without breaking vacuum. This permits the user to optimize either uniformity or sputtering rate at any working distance in a very short amount of time without venting, resetting the angle, pump down and test. The system uses AJA International’s Labview based Phase II-J computer control system. This straightforward, user friendly control system utilizes a large, flat-screen laptop which allows the user to operate in either the “manual mode” or the “automated processing mode”. In the “automated processing mode” the user designs process “layers” which are then compiled and saved as a “process”.
The AJA Sputtering system has many features including:
- System can reach a base pressure ~ 4 x 10-8 Torr
- The system contains 4 magnetron sputtering guns 2 DC and 2 RF which are of a true UHV design allowing baking to 200 °C without disassembly. The sputtering guns allow in-situ tilting of their heads without breaking vacuum. This permits the end user to optimize either uniformity or rate at any working distance in a very short amount of time without venting, resetting the angle, pump down and test. It also allows resetting the precise angle after target changes or source removal for service.
- The system can handle substrates up to 4 inches in diameter and the substrate holder will allow simultaneous, rotation, heating, RF bias and deposition at up to 850 °C in suitable sputtering environment (600 °C in a pure Oxygen environment). Stability is to within +/- 1 degree C, Deposition uniformity over 4" is better than +/- 1.5 % and temperature uniformity is better than +/- 1%.
- A load lock chamber and cassette allows the samples to be removed and changed without venting the chamber. The cassette can hold up to 6 substrates holders.
- The system features a user friendly "plug and play", LabView based computer control system which controls most of the common features including: gun power supplies, shutters, gas flow and pressure, and substrate heater.