Joseph A. Turner, Robert W. Brightfelt Professor
Joseph A. Turner
Robert W. Brightfelt Professor
Mechanical & Materials Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
W354 Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0526
- Stochastic wave propagation: scattering, radiative transfer, diffusion, localization;
- Experimental ultrasonics: NDE, linear and nonlinear materials characterization;
- Multiscale characterization: atomic force microscope (AFM), nanoindentation, ultrasound;
- Linear and nonlinear vibrations: structural, dynamics of the AFM;
- Elastic wave propagation: anisotropic, layered, geophysical, piezoelectric media;
- Structural acoustics: complex structures, MEMS beams, plates, shells.
- D. C. Hurley and J. A. Turner, “ Humidity Effects on the Determination of Elastic Properties by Atomic Force Acoustic Microscopy”, J. Appl. Phys. 95, 2403-2407 (2004).
- J. A. Turner, “Nonlinear Vibrations of a Beam with Cantilever-Hertzian Contact Boundary Conditions”, J. Sound Vib. 275 1-2, 177-191 (2004).
- S. K. Ramamoorthy, Y. Kane, and J. A. Turner, “Crack Depth Determination in Concrete by Ultrasound Diffusion,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 523-529 (2004).
- J. A. Turner and D. C. Hurley, “Ultrasonic Methods in Contact Atomic Force Microscopy”, Ultrasonic Methods for Materials Characterization, guest ed. T. Kundu from book series Instrumentation, Mesure, Métrologie 3, 117-148 (Lavoisier, Cachan, France, 2003).
- D. C. Hurley, K. Shen, N. M. Jennett, and J. A. Turner, “Quantitative Atomic Force Acoustic Microscopy Methods to Determine Thin-Film Elastic Properties”, J. Appl. Phys. 94, 2347-2354 (2003).
- M. Reinstädler, U. Rabe, V. Scherer, J. A. Turner, and W. Arnold, “Imaging of Flexural and Torsional Resonance Modes of Atomic Force Microscopy Cantilevers using Optical Interferometry”, Surf. Sci. 532-535C, 1152-1158 (2003).
- L. Yang and J. A. Turner, “Scattering of Elastic Waves in Damaged Media,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 113, 2992-3000 (2003).
- L. Yang and J. A. Turner, “Elastic Wave Propagation and Scattering in Solids with Uniaxially Aligned Cracks”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 114, 591-600 (2003).
- J. S. Yang, X. Yang, J. A. Turner, J. A. Kosinski, and R. A. Pastore, Jr., “Two-dimensional Equations for Electroelastic Plates with Relatively Large Shear Deformations”, IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelect. and Freq. Contr. 50, 765-772 (2003).
- Joshua S. Wiehn (M.S. 2001), Sandia National Laboratories
- Roshanak Nilchiani (M.S. 2002), Ph.D. candidate at M.I.T
- Sathish Ramamoorthy (M.S. 2003), Ph.D. candidate Texas A&M
- Goutam Ghoshal (M.S. 2003), Ph.D. candidate at UNL
- Yogesh Kane (M.S. 2003)
- Liyong Yang (Ph.D. 2003), post-doctoral researcher at UNL