411.A Nebraska Hall
Electrical and Computer
Lincoln, NE 68588
- Ph.D., Queen Mary, University of London
- M.Sc., The University of Manchester
- Diploma, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Linear and nonlinear plasmonics and nanophotonics, metamaterials and their applications, antenna design, transformation electromagnetics, photonics, active, tunable and reconfigurable metadevices, acoustic/thermal metamaterials, microwave/mm-wave/THz engineering, novel optical interconnects, thermal emission from plasmonic structures, graphene nanophotonics, novel energy harvesting devices and computational electromagnetics.
Ultra-broadband Absorption in PV Cells Using Plasmonic Patterned Metasurfaces, International Patent, Provisional Application No. P57423WO/MWG.
- G. M. Akselrod, C. Argyropoulos, T. B. Hoang, C. Ciracì, C. Fang, J. Huang, D. R. Smith, M. H. Mikkelsen, “Probing the mechanisms of large Purcell enhancement in plasmonic nanoantennas”, Nature Photonics, vol. 8, pp. 835–840, 2014.
- C. Argyropoulos, P.-Y. Chen, G. D’Aguanno, and A. Alù, “Temporal soliton excitation in an ε-near-zero plasmonic metamaterial”, Optics Letters, vol. 39, pp. 5566-5569, 2014.
- J. Lee, M. Tymchenko, C. Argyropoulos, P.-Y. Chen, F. Lu, F. Demmerle, G. Boehm, M.-C. Amann, A. Alù, and M. A. Belkin, “Giant nonlinear response from plasmonic metasurfaces coupled to intersubband polaritons”, Nature, vol. 511, pp. 65–69, 2014. (press coverage by Phys.org, nanowerk)
- C. Argyropoulos, G. D’Aguanno, and A. Alù, “Giant second harmonic generation efficiency and ideal phase matching with a double e-near-zero cross-slit metamaterial”, Physical Review B, vol. 89, pp. 235401, 2014.
- C. Argyropoulos, N. M. Estakhri, F. Monticone, and A. Alù, “Negative refraction, gain and nonlinear effects in hyperbolic metamaterials”, Optics Express, Focus Issue on Hyperbolic Metamaterials: Fundamentals and Applications, vol. 21, No. 12, pp. 15037-15047, 2013.
- C. Argyropoulos, C. Ciracì, and D. R. Smith, “Enhanced tunability and optical nonlinearity with film-coupled plasmonic nanoantennas,” Gordon Research Conference on Plasmonics: Manipulating Light Matter Interaction at the Nanoscale, Sunday River Resort, Newry, ME, USA, July 6-11, 2014.
- C. Argyropoulos, C. Ciracì, and D. R. Smith, “Enhanced Nonlinear Optical Effects with Extremely Coupled Plasmonic Systems,” META 2014, the 5th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics, Singapore, May 20-23, 2014.
- C. Argyropoulos, “Tunable and nonlinear film-coupled plasmonic nanoantennas,” Materials Meet Metamaterials, AFOSR Workshop, UCSD, La Jolla, CA, April 24, 2014.
- C. Argyropoulos, C. Ciracì, and D. R. Smith, “Enhanced nonlinear optical processes with film-coupled plasmonic nanoantennas,” APS March Meeting 2014, Denver, CO, USA, March 3-7, 2014.
- C. Argyropoulos, G. D’Aguanno, and A. Alù, “Nonlinear Optical Effects in Epsilon-Near-Zero Plasmonic Waveguides and Metamaterials,” Frontiers in Optics 2013, Orlando, FL, USA, October 6-10, 2013.