Donald R. Voelte, Jr. and Nancy A. Keegan Chair of Engineering and Professor
Civil & Environmental Engineering
W181D Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0531
Office: (402) 472-8036
205E Peter Kiewit Institute
Omaha, NE 68182-0178
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Environmental), University of Virginia, 2004
- M.S. in Civil Engineering (Environmental), University of Virginia, 2000
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University, 1998
- Physicochemical fate of contaminants in soil and water
- Contaminant fate and transport in landfills
- Water reuse in agricultural systems
Honors and Awards
- Student Impact Award: Outstanding Advisor (Engineers Without Borders), 2017
- Grand Prize for University Research, American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists, 2015
- R. Vernon McBroom Engineering Leadership Fellow, 2014
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Distinguished Service Award, 2014
- College of Engineering Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award, 2013
- National Science Foundation CAREER award, 2012
- McGraw-Hill/AEESP Award for Outstanding Teaching in Environmental Science and Engineering, 2011
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Education, 2011
- UNL College of Engineering Faculty Service Award, 2011
- Part, F.; Berge, N.D.; Baran, P.; Stringfellow, A.; Sun, W.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L.; Mitrano, D.; Li, L.; Hennebert, P; Quicker, P.; Bolyard, S.C.; Huber-Humer, M. (2018). A review of the fate of the engineered nanomaterials in municipal solid waste streams. Waste Management, doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2018.02.012.
- Yuan, Q., Telilng, G., Bartelt-Hunt, S., Bartz, J.C. (2018). Dehydration of prions on environmentally-relevant surfaces protects them from inactivation by freezing and thawing. Journal of Virology, 92: 8-14.
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L., and Li, Y. (2018). Assessment of quantitative structure activity relationships (QSARs) for prediction of titanium dioxide nanoparticle (n-TiO2) aggregation in the presence of organic compounds. Environmental Engineering Science, doi.org/10.1089/ees.2017.0470.
- Akbariyeh, S.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L.; Snow, D.D.; Li, X.; Tang, Z.; and Li, Y. (2018). Three-Dimensional Modeling of Nitrate-N Transport in Vadose Zone: Roles of Soil Heterogeneity and Ground Water Flux. (2018). Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 211: 15-25.
- Phan, H.T.M.; Bartz, J.C.; Ayers, J.; Giasson, B.I.; Schubert, M.; Rodenhausen, K.B.; Kananizadeh, N.; Li, Y.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L. (2018). Adsorption and decontamination of α-synuclein from medically and environmentally-relevant surfaces. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 166: 98-107, doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2018.03.011.
- Corley, B.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L.; Rogan, E.; Coulter, D.; Sparks, J.; Baccaglini, L.; Howell, M.; Liaquat, S.; Commack, R.; and Kolok, A.S. (2018). Using watershed boundaries to map adverse health outcomes: Examples from Nebraska, USA., Environmental Health Insights, 12:1-10, https://doi.org/10.1177/117863021775190.
- Sallach, J.B.2; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L.; Snow, D.D.; Li, X.; Hodges, L. (2018). Influence of soil texture on the uptake of antibiotics and their toxicity to lettuce following routine irrigation with contaminated water. Environmental Engineering Science, in press