Xia Hong, Associate Professor
Physics & Astronomy
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
310J Jorgensen Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0299
Xia Hong’s research focuses on epitaxial growth and fabrication of novel nanostructures and low dimensional systems using advanced physical vapor deposition and semiconductor device fabrication techniques; creating and imaging their local phase structures using scanning probe approaches; and studying how their transport, electronic and magnetic properties evolve with system dimensions. The materials systems of interest include the epitaxial ferroelectric and correlated oxide thin films and heterostructures, and low dimensional electron systems such as graphene.
The research program is funded by NSF.
- Z. Xiao, Shashi Poddar, Stephen Ducharme, X. Hong, “Domain wall roughness and creep in nanoscale crystalline ferroelectric polymer”, arXiv:1301.1377 (2013). [Link]
- X. Hong*, K. Zou, A. M. DaSilva, C. H. Ahn, and J. Zhu, “Integrating Functional Oxides with Graphene (invited review)”,Solid State Commun. 152, 1365 (2012). [Link]
- P. Paruch, A. B. Kolton, X. Hong, C. H. Ahn, and T. Giamarchi, “Thermal quench effects on ferroelectric domain walls”, Phys. Rev. B 85, 214115 (2012). [Link]
- X. Hong, K. Zou, B. Wang, S.-H. Cheng, and J. Zhu, “Evidence for spin-flip scattering and local moments in dilute fluorinated graphene”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 226602 (2012). [Link]
- K. Zou, X. Hong, and J. Zhu, “Electron-electron interaction and electron-hole asymmetry in bilayer graphene”, Phys. Rev. B 84, 085408 (2011).
- J. Hoffman, X. Hong, and C.H. Ahn, “Device performance of ferroelectric/correlated oxide heterostructures for non-volatile memory applications”, Nanotechnology 22, 254014 (2011).
- X. Hong, S.-H. Cheng, C. Herding, and J. Zhu, "Colossal negative magnetoresistance in dilute fluorinated graphene", Phys. Rev. B 83, 085410 (2011).
- K. Zou, X. Hong, D. Keefer, and J. Zhu, “Deposition of high-quality HfO2 on graphene and the effect of remote substrate phonon scattering”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 126601 (2010).
- X. Hong, J. Hoffman, A. Posadas, K. Zou, C.H. Ahn, and J. Zhu “Unusual resistance hysteresis in n-layer graphene field effect transistors fabricated on ferroelectric Pb(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 033114 (2010).
- X. Hong, K. Zou, and J. Zhu, “Quantum scattering time and its implications on scattering sources in graphene”, Phys. Rev. B 80, 241415 (Rapid Communications) (2009).
- N. Naftalis, Y. Bason, J. Hoffman, X. Hong, C. H. Ahn, and L. Klein, "Anisotropic magnetoresistance and planar Hall effect in epitaxial films of La0.7Ca0.3MnO3", J. Appl. Phys. 106, 023916 (2009).