Jiong Hu, Associate Professor
Geotechnical and Materials Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
204C Peter Kiewit Institute
1110 67th Street
Omaha, NE 68182-0178
Eco-efficient infrastructure materials, innovative infrastructure materials development, and advanced materials characterization
- Ph.D., Geotechnical and Materials Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2005
- M.Eng., Materials, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 1999
- B.Eng., Construction Materials, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 1996
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Eco-efficient infrastructure materials
- Advanced materials characterization
- Innovative infrastructure materials development
- Infrastructure materials with recycled materials
- Self-consolidation concrete (SCC)
- Fresh concrete properties and rheology of concrete
- Ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC)
- Torres, J. Hu, and A. Ramos, “The Effect of the Cementitious Paste Thickness on the Performance of Pervious Concrete”, Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 95, pp. 850-859, 2015.
- J. Hu, Z. Ge, and K. Wang, “Influence of Cement Fineness and Water-to-Cement Ratio on Mortar Early-Age Heat of Hydration and Set Times”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 657-663, 2014.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang and Y. Kim, “Feasibility Study of using Fine Recycled Concrete Aggregate in Producing Self-Consolidation Concrete”, Journal of Sustainable Cement-Based Materials, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 20-34, 2013.
- J. Hu, K. Wang, and J. A. Gaunt, “Behavior and Mix Design Development of Concrete Made with Recycled Aggregate from Deconstructed Lead-Contaminated Masonry Materials”, Construction and Building Materials, Vol.40, pp. 1184-1192, 2013.
- J. Hu, K. Wang and Z. Ge, “Study of Concrete Thermal Properties for Sustainable Pavement Design”, Journal of Sustainable Cement-Based Materials, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 126-137, 2012.
- V. Sriraman, and J. Hu, “Preparing the Next Generation Concrete Construction Professionals – the Concrete Industry Management Degree”, World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 53-58, 2012.
- J. Hu, and K. Wang, “Effect of Coarse Aggregate Characteristics on Concrete Rheology”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 1196-1204, 2011.
- Q. Xu, J. Hu, J. M. Ruiz, K. Wang, and Z. Ge, “Isothermal Calorimetry Tests and Modeling of Cement Hydration Parameters”, Thermochimica Acta, Vol. 499, No. 1-2, pp. 91-99, 2010.