Seunghee Kim, Assistant Professor
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
204C Peter Kiewit Institute
1110 S. 67th St.
Omaha, NE 68182
- CO2 Geologic Storage: Hydro-chemo-thermo-mechanically coupled processes during CO2 geologic storage; Single-phase reactive fluid transport; Multi-phase fluid transport; Poro-thermo-plastic analysis; Induced-seismicity; Geophysical monitoring.
- Underground Construction and Storage: Compressed air energy storage (CAES) in pile foundations.
- Energy Efficiency & Conservation: Energy efficiency during crushing and grinding of geo-materials.
- Sustainability & Energy-Geotechnology: Disposal of energy-byproducts (e.g., nuclear wastes, fly ash); Enhanced geothermal systems (EGS); CO2-CH4 replacement.
- Kim, S. and Hosseini, S.A. (2016). "Study on the ratio of stress-pore pressure changes during fluid injection and its implications for CO2 geologic storage." Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 149, 138-150.
- Kim, S. and Santamarina, J.C. (2016). "Geometry-coupled reactive fluid transport at the fracture scale: application to CO2 geologic storage" Geofluids, 16, 329-341.
- Kim, S. and Hosseini, S.A. (2015). "Hydro-thermo-mechanical analysis during injection of cold fluid into a geologic formation." International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 77, 220-236.
- Kim, S. and Santamarina, J.C. (2015) "Reactive fluid flow in CO2 storage reservoirs – Pore network model study." Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 5, 462-473.
- Kim, S. and Santamarina, J. C. (2014). "CO2 geological storage: Hydro-chemo-mechanical analyses and implications." Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 4, 528-543.
- Kim, S. and Hosseini, S.A. (2014). "Above-zone pressure monitoring and geomechanical analyses for a field-scale CO2 injection project, Cranfield, MS." Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 4, 81-98.
- Kim, S. and Santamarina, J. C. (2014). "Engineered CO2 injection: The use of surfactants for enhanced sweep efficiency." International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 20, 324-332.
- Kim, S. and Santamarina, J. C. (2013). "CO2 breakthrough and leak - sealing experiments on shale and cement." International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 19, 471-477.
- Espinoza, D. N., Kim, S., and Santamarina, J. C. (2011). "CO2 geological storage – Geotechnical implications." KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 15(4), 707-719.