High School Internship Application
NCMN STEM High School Internship Application 2023
For more information please contact:
Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience
855 N 16th Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0298
Applications are closed
The Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience (NCMN) at the University of Nebraska is offering a STEM summer high school internship program. Select Lincoln-area high school students, 16 years and older, are eligible and will receive guidance and training in experimental and theoretical techniques in STEM labs at UNL.
Students applying for multiple summer research programs will be required to participate only in the NCMN High School Intern program if chosen.
Applications Due: March 14, 2023
Applicants will be notified of final decisions by Friday, March 25.
- Get paid to do research in a UNL Physics, Engineering, or Chemistry lab
- 8-week session (approximately)
- Start Date – June 5, 2023
- Salary – $10.00/hour
- Hours per week – 20 hours
- Workday – Sometime between 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
- A Final Poster presentation about the research project required on August 4
- Supervisors – UNL faculty and research scientists
- No prior experience necessary
- Need to be 16 years or older as of June 1, 2023
- Must not have graduated from high school (May 2023 graduates eligible if attending the University of Nebraska Fall 2023)
- US citizenship required
- One teacher reference required by March 14, 2023